How to become a member
Becoming a Breast Centres Network member is free of cost. Breast Units must pass the Eligibility Gate to be included in the Network.
- Treating at least 150 new breast cancer cases (any stage) per year.
- Having at least one dedicated breast surgeon*
- Having at least one dedicated radiologist**
- Having at least one breast dedicated pathologist**
* Defined as focusing at least 50% of the time in breast diseases or as being the referral surgeon for all breast cases.
** Defined as focusing at least 30% of the time in breast diseases or as being the referral radiologist/pathologist for all breast cases.
If your Centre does not meet the Eligibility Gate criteria, we kindly invite you to come back once these goals are reached, as we are sure your Unit is a potential Breast Centres Network member. Our Breast Centres Network Full Membership Criteria can be a useful guide to further improve your Breast Unit.
To start the evaluation process, a representative of the applicant centre must register with an email address and password and answer a 45-minute friendly questionnaire divided in 13 steps. A paramount aspect for this evaluation is to provide accurate information and a responsible person to contact, should we need additional information.
Join Breast Centres Network to promote synergism among Breast Units and create a profile of your centre!