University Hospital for Tumors, University Hospital Center Sestre Milosrdnice
- 873 New breast cancer cases treated per year
- 35 Breast multidisciplinarity team members
Clinical Director: Danko Velimir Vrdoljak, MD, PhD
Our University Hospital for Tumors and Allied Diseases was established in 1968 as a specialized solid tumors multidisciplinary treatment institution. In 1993 the Institute and Allied Diseases became the University Clinic for Tumors, in 2010 the Institute was merged with the Clinical Hospital Center Sestre Milosrdnice. Our University Hospital for Tumors mostly treats breast and colorectal cancer pathology. Followed by, Head and Neck and Gynecological pathology. We treat over 1000 cases of breast tumors annually. Diagnostic, surgical, medical oncology, radiotherapy, rehabilitation, supportive and palliative care, psychological support facilities are available on site. Diagnosis of suspicious breast lesions is carried out through 'One day clinic'. The hospital is involved in the National Breast Cancer Screening programme. Apart from our daily practice, clinical research is stimulated and a general oncological journal 'Libri oncologici' has been published since 1968.